Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting Ponies & Braids to Stay Neat/Slicked

My friend Karen asked this on Facebook:

Moms of curly heads: when you do multiple ponies with crazy parts all over the place, what gel/product do you use to get your ponies to stay neat/slicked? Or are morning after fuzzies just a reality for all?

What I use on Marlie's hair when doing one of her hairstyles is either:


Kizzi "Stay Put" Hair Pomade




or



Mimosa Hair Honey



When selecting a piece of hair to put in a little pony tail or braid, I get a tiny pinch of whichever product I'm using and run it through that little section of hair before styling it. (section by section)


I find when I use either of those, there is a huge difference to how well the hair stays put in the braids, little pony tails, etc. as opposed to when I don't use anything. You don't need to use much, so the jar lasts quite a while. (or at least it does for me)


Both products are found at https://www.carolsdaughter.com


2 comments:

K Mom said...

Thanks Julie! I'm very flattered that I inspired you today...and Carol's is having a free shipping weekend so I'll be placing an order! xoxo

Gingersnaps said...

Thank you Karen for inspiring my post!